當前位置:
首頁 > 最新 > 名門家族這樣教育孩子!

名門家族這樣教育孩子!

I believe that thrift is essential to well ordered living the Rockefeller thrived is essential to well ordered living.

-----John D. Rockefeller

我認為節儉是井然有序的生活必不可缺的。

——約翰 洛克菲勒

洛克菲勒家族——節儉地生活

The Rockefeller

Thrift is Essential to Well-Ordered Living

26,Broadway,New York

November 19,1887

Dear Johnny,

紐約百老匯26號

1887年11月19日

親愛的小約翰:

Yours, 17th, just at hand and so happy to hear from you and that you and your little Mother are doing so nicely in the quiet of the woods.

你17日寫給我的信就在手邊,很高興收到你的信,也很開心你和媽媽在安靜的森林中一切順利!

Am in the midst of hard battles today, but getting on nicely, and keep forward to dropping in upon you sometime before long.

今天我打了幾場硬仗,但是進展還不錯,盼望著不久能去看你.

It is not likely I can do so, however, for Thanksgiving, which I regret.

但是感恩節時,我估計還不能去?對此我很抱歉。

I have been called to Washington,but didn t heed the summons, but hold myself in readiness to go at a moment s notice.

華盛頓那邊已經有人叫我過去,但是一直沒有接到具體的傳喚通知,但是我會準備好,一接到通知馬上出發

Mr.Brewsterand several others go over to be there Monday morning.

布魯斯特先生和另外幾個同事周一去那裡

Everything is going on nicely at home.Old Mr. Hubble,now seventy seven years of age,camedown thismorning.

家裡一切都好,老哈貝兒已經77歲了,同過去一樣。

He is the same dear good Methodist man he used to be.

他仍然是親愛的理公會教派教徒,

Stayed with us at the table and drankcoffee and atecakesand syrup.

他和我們一起坐在桌邊喝咖啡,吃蛋糕,喝果汁,

Went over the house and enjoyeditmuch.

然後打掃房間,他很享受這一切

Gave him an order for a bedstead for the spare room.

我讓他為那間空閑的房間做一張床。His price will be several hundred dollarsless thanPottierand I presume the bedstead will be as good or better thanPottier`s, and we know the beds areunsurpassed.

他的價格可比狄埃百貨便宜幾百美元,而且我推測床的質量會和鮑狄埃百貨的一樣好,甚至更好。

Should this not be satisfactory toMamma.,we can have the bedstead sent toForestHill for next year, aswe have talkedofhaving newones there.

如果你媽媽不滿意的話,我們明年還可以把它搬到森林山去我們之前還討論過要在那裡放幾張新的呢,

We like the appearance of the new man and think he will do well.

我們喜歡這位新派男人的出現,相信老哈貝爾會做的很好

Everything goes on smoothly inthe house.

家中一切順利

You say you re notlonely.That is not the case with me.

你說你不孤單,我可不同,

I am howeverdoing the best I can, and the rest are all doing remarkably well.

不過我會儘力的,其他的也都非常好,

I have not written toMama but telegraphed everyday.

我沒給你媽媽寫信,但是每天打電報,

Been so busy andknew numbers of letters were written from the house.

我一直都很忙。雖然家裡寫了很多信,也沒時間回復,

She will get all the news.

會知道這些的,

Business affairs going nicely.

生意也很順利,

With much love to you andMamaand great appreciation of the beautiful letter you wrote to me.

愛你和媽媽!謝謝你可愛的來信

Your loving

Father.

愛你的父親。

添加關注,樂活英文帶孩子英文飆升

GIF/1K

來者是萍水相逢,去者是江湖相忘。

只要轉發朋友圈兩不相忘~~~么么噠

喜歡這篇文章嗎?立刻分享出去讓更多人知道吧!

本站內容充實豐富,博大精深,小編精選每日熱門資訊,隨時更新,點擊「搶先收到最新資訊」瀏覽吧!


請您繼續閱讀更多來自 樂活英文 的精彩文章:

TAG:樂活英文 |