當前位置:
首頁 > 最新 > 雙語美文:你儘力了,但仍然會出問題

雙語美文:你儘力了,但仍然會出問題

My favorite movie of all-time is Cool Runnings. It is loosely based on the true story about the 1988 Jamaican Bobsled team who competed in the Calgary Winter Olympics.

我一直以來最喜愛的電影是《涼爽的跑道》。它基本上根據1988年牙買加雪橇隊參加卡爾加里冬奧會的故事改編的。

I loved it as a 12 year old kid, and always kept it as my favorite movie.

當我還是12歲的小孩子的時候我就喜歡這部電影,而且一直把它當做我最喜愛的電影。

It is silly, but alsoinspirational.

這很蠢,但是很鼓舞人心。

When I watch the movie now, I look at it at a much deeper level.

現在當我觀看這部電影的時候,我看得是更深層的東西。

Here』s what I mean. After theyqualifyfor the Olympics, they get three runs, on threeseparatedays.

我的意思是。他們獲得奧運資格之後,他們分別在三天有三場比賽。

The first run is adisaster, the second run isincredible, and the third one is when they crash.

第一場是場災難,第二場不可思議,第三場比賽他們墜落。

I am going to break these runs down for you and compare them to everyday life.

我將把這三場比賽為你們分開來講述,並把它們和我們的生活做個對比。

Inspirational /??nsp??re???nl/ adj. 鼓舞人心的;給予靈感的

Qualify /?kw?l?fa?/ v.(使)具有資格;有權

Separate /?sepr?t/ v. 分開;(使)分離;區分;adj. 單獨的;不同的;分開的

Disaster /d??za:st?(r)/ n. 災難;徹底的失敗

Incredible /?n?kred?bl/ adj. 難以置信的;不可思議的

The driver of the 4-Man sled wasobsessedwith watching the Swiss team practice and compete.

四人雪橇的隊長痴迷於觀看瑞士隊的訓練和比賽。

Before the Jamaican』s first run, they copied the Swiss』 team style andtechniqueand they weren』t true to themselves. Their first run was a bust, and they ended up in last place after the first day.

牙買加隊的第一場比賽之前,他們複製了瑞士隊的訓練方式和技巧,他們沒有忠於自己的風格。第一場比賽下來他們輸慘了,第一天的比賽結束後他們排名倒水第一。

After somereflectionand pep talks, the team went back to their roots. They were true to themselves, and they were 100% prepared for the second run. Everything clicked and they moved into 8th place.

一些反思和鼓舞之後,牙買加隊回歸他們的戰術,忠於自己的風格,並且全力以赴準備第二場比賽。所有的努力都奏效了,他們擠進了前八名。

The final run they once again were true to themselves. They were pumped up, and more than prepared. Their starting push time was incredible and the announcer even went as far as calling them 「champs」 during that run.

最後一場比賽他們也一樣忠於自己。他們熱切期盼著,而且準備得更加充分。開始的一段他們表現得十分出色,觀眾們甚至大喊著稱他們為「冠軍」 。

Unfortunately, that rickety old sled they used couldn』t hold up and they crashed. Everyone knows what happened next. They picked up the sled and finished the race.

不幸的是,他們搖搖晃晃的舊雪橇沒能撐住,他們墜落了。接下來發生的事大家都清楚。他們撿起雪橇,完成了比賽。

Now, why am I breaking down Cool Runnings? I think you can use the three runs they had and can make them relate to your lives.

所以,為什麼我把《涼爽的跑道》分開了?我認為他們的這三段比賽有所啟示,而且可以讓它們和你的生活聯繫起來。

Obsess /?b?ses/ v. 使著迷;纏住(be obsessed with 痴迷於…;迷了心竅)

Technique /tek?ni:k/ n. 技術;技巧

Reflection /r??flek?n/ n. 反映;(關於某課題的)思考

Unfortunately /?n?f?:t??n?tli/ adv. 可惜;不幸地

You can be like the first run and try to be someone else. You can bejealousof other people. You can go off course and not be true to yourself.

你可能像第一場比賽一樣,嘗試成為其他人。你可能嫉妒別人。你可能偏離軌道變得不像你自己了。

And like that last place run by the Jamaican team, you may also see yourself finishing in last.

就像牙買加隊拿了倒數第一一樣,你可能也看到自己拿了倒數第一。

You won』t be happy when you look at yourself in the mirror, because you aren』t being true to who you are.

當你看著鏡子里的自己,你也會不開心,因為你沒有做你自己。

You can be like the second run and be true to yourself. God gives us all so many special anduniquegifts.

你可能像第二場比賽一樣忠於自己。上帝賜予我們每個人許多特別二獨一無二的禮物。

Whether it』s the gift ofkindnessor being understanding, the gift of humor, or just being aloyalfriend, we all have something that makes us who we are.

無論是不是善意的禮物,無論是否被理解,像幽默感,或者只是作為他人忠實的朋友,我們都有一些與眾不同的東西使我們成為我們自己。

When you realize what you can offer, it isimportantto use our gifts for good. When you do this, you will see the fruits of your labor.

當你意識到你可以給予什麼,用這些禮物去行善很重要。當你這樣做了,你就會看到你因付出得到的收穫。

Jealous /?d?el?s/ adj. 妒忌的;吃醋的(be jealous of 嫉妒某人)

Unique /ju?ni:k/ adj. 唯一的,僅有的

Kindness /?ka?ndn?s/ n. 仁慈,善行

Loyal /?l???l/ adj. 忠貞的;忠誠的

Important /?m?p?:tnt/ adj. 重要的;權威的

The third run is the truerealityof life.

第三場比賽好比現實生活。

Sometimes you can be prepared. Sometimes you can go into asituationorrelationshipwith all of the bestintentionsin the world.

有時候你有所準備,有時候你可能處於世界上最順利的境遇之下或者最有希望的一段關係之中。

Sometimes you can be the best 「you」 possible, but something will still go wrong. That is life.

有時候你是所能做到的最好的「你」,但是有時候仍然會出問題。這就是人生。

However, just like those four Jamaicans who crashed the sled, you can get up and finish the race. Always finish the race.

然而,就像那四個墜落雪橇的牙買加人,你可以爬起來完成比賽。永不放棄。

Reality /ri??l?ti/ n. 事實;現實

Situation /?s?t?u?e??n/ n. (人的)情況;局面;形勢

Relationship /r??le??n??p/ n. 關係;聯繫

Intention /?n?ten?n/ n. 意向;意圖,目的

————每日學英語————

可以在線查詞、翻譯、學習精彩英語短句、搜索海量英語學習資料

如果感覺有幫助,請留言和幫忙點贊,小編謝謝啦~

喜歡這篇文章嗎?立刻分享出去讓更多人知道吧!

本站內容充實豐富,博大精深,小編精選每日熱門資訊,隨時更新,點擊「搶先收到最新資訊」瀏覽吧!


請您繼續閱讀更多來自 每日英語 的精彩文章:

Cindy教口語,「愛面子」英語怎麼說?
Cindy教口語,「有風度」英語怎麼說?

TAG:每日英語 |