當前位置:
首頁 > 哲理 > 雙語美文朗讀:如水一般的愛

雙語美文朗讀:如水一般的愛

Every once in a while I will dial the familiar number.

我每隔一段時間都要撥打一個熟悉的電話號碼。

It is usually he that picks up the phone.

每次總是他接起電話。

She will come up to him asking who the caller is.

然後她問他,這是誰打來的。

Knowing it』s me, she will grab the phone, say a few greeting words, and then start talking bad of him, complaints flooding out, all about chores and minor superficial details.

知道是我的電話時,她搶過電話,說幾句簡單的問候,然後就開始抱怨他的壞處。接著就開始投訴,例如地板被水淹之類的雞毛蒜皮的小事。

As always, he argues, and through the long-distance call I hear them quarreling seriously.

一如往常,通過長途電話,我能聽到他們很嚴肅地在爭吵著。

Quarreling seems to be bound with their life.

爭吵似乎成了他們生活中不可缺少的一部分。

He seems like a capricious boy, and she a little girl who cannot bear with even a small grievance.

他看起來像個反覆無常的孩子,而她像一個不能忍受丁點委屈的小女孩。

It is common that they fight each other half a day over minor issues.

他們經常為生活中的小問題吵上半天。

Over and over again, they will quarrel―they are born to disagree with each other.

他們一遍又一遍地爭吵――好像生來就是意見不和的。

Bored sometimes, I pretend to be very unhappy and yell, 「Couldn』t you stop arguing and let my ears have a quiet moment?」

有時我覺得無聊了,就假裝很不高興,大喊道:「你們能不能停止爭論,讓我的耳朵安靜一小會嗎?」

She pauses two seconds, and mumbles, 「He always bullies me.」

她停頓兩秒鐘,喃喃自語:「他總是欺負我。」

I almost see her, pitiful as she is.

我幾乎可以想像到她裝可憐的樣子。

Then I turn soft, and try to find faults in him.

然後我的語氣就會變得輕柔,並想辦法找到他的錯誤。

「Why did you bully her?」 He listens to me, irritated, 「Who bullies her? It is she that bullies me!」

「你為什麼要欺負她?」 他聽到我的質問,惱火道:「誰欺負她呢?這是她在欺負我!」

Just as the saying goes, a righteous judge is never able to decide who is right and who is wrong in an argument between a couple.

正如俗話所說,一個正直的法官也無法判決一對夫婦之間的矛盾,無法決定到底是誰對誰錯。

I tried to intervene, only to get them into more serious debate.

我試圖干預他們,但只會使他們陷入更嚴肅的辯論中去。

Like an actor and an actress, they are indulged in acting.

就像演員,他們沉迷於這樣的劇情。

With me watching, they end up in more heated disagreements.

我看,結局只會是更加激烈的分歧。

So I don』t want to bother any more.

所以我不想打擾他們了。

I just stand by when they quarrel.

作為旁觀者的我,只是在爭吵的時候看著他們。

In the end, she will find her eyes red, and wipe tears off her cheeks.

最後,她眼睛開始泛紅,去擦臉頰上流下的淚水。

He gets upset and attempts to soothe her.

他開始不安,並試圖安慰她。

He looks funny―staring at her like a mad frog with two eyes open wide, he yells with determination, 「From now on I will wash all the dishes.」

他盯著她哭得紅腫的眼睛,就像是只生氣的青蛙。他妥協了。 「從現在開始,我會洗所有的盤子。」

He seems to be swearing.

他信誓旦旦地說。

And she weeps and smiling flowers bloom on her face.

而她也相信他,抹掉眼淚,微笑,頓時她的臉上綻放出了花朵。

One day he got bit by a snake while working in the farmland, one leg swelling furiously.

有一天,他在田裡勞作時被蛇咬了,一條腿腫得厲害。

He was then rushed to hospital where he went through a series of torment―he got injected to let the contaminated blood out.

他立即被送往醫院搶救,經過及時的救治――他被注射了一針可以讓污血流出來的藥劑。

Seeing the blood, she was scared to big tears, crying loud.

看到血,她嚇得大哭起來,落下大滴的眼淚。

「Stop it. That』s enough. You are getting on my nerves. I am not gonna die.」

「別哭了。夠了。讓我煩死了,放心好了,我不會死的。」

He shouted, frowning. She got mad at the word 「die」 that he had mentioned.

他大叫著,皺著眉頭。 她生氣了,不准他說「死」這個詞。

「Why did you say that?」

「你為什麼這樣說?」

She immediately quarreled hard with him, not to stop for a long while.

她立即同他爭辯了很長一段時間。

Doctors were watching on, amused.

醫生們看他們鬥嘴,笑了。

「Isn』t quarreling more effective than pain-killing pills?」 The doctors teased.

「吵架不是比止痛藥更有效嗎?」醫生們取笑道。

They looked at each other, embarrassed and laughing.

他們面面相覷,不好意思地笑了起來。

That finally stopped their quarreling.

終於停止了爭吵。

In order to save hospital expenses, he insisted on going home despite her mad disagreements.

為了節省住院費,他堅持要回家,儘管她極力反對。

Lying in bed, he was having an intravenous drip for a continuous period of 12 days.

他躺在床上連續注射了十二天的點滴。

She was busy dealing with housework and everything else out of home.

這些天,都是她在處理家裡家外的事情。

She was weak and thin, and too much work had made her even more skinny.

本來身體單薄的她,愈發顯得骨瘦如柴。

Witnessing her change, he hurt in the heart.

看她每天忙碌,他覺得心裡很愧疚。

One night he wanted to drink water.

有天夜裡,他想要喝水。

He did not wake her up, pulled himself out of the bed, and fell over because his legs were too weak.

他沒有叫醒她,而是打算自己去喝水,當他下床的時候,因為腿上的傷痛,從床上跌了下來。

His fall actually woke her up.

她被驚醒了。

She rushed to support him to stand up.

趕緊起床衝過去扶著他。

She scolded him for not having waken her up.

她責備他:「喝水怎麼不叫我來倒!」

He said that he could manage.

「我自己可以!」

A serious quarrel was about to burst out again.

一場激烈的爭吵又迸發了。

I called them from Zhuhai, the beautiful city of relaxation and exciting views.

當我從珠海給他們打電話。

I wanted to depict to them how pretty a city Zhuhai is.

向他們描繪這個美麗休閑而適合居住的城市時。

He was surprised that I had travelled such a great distance, to where he and she had never been all their life.

他感到非常驚訝我到了這麼好的地方,而他和她從來沒有來過。

He then believed that I had accomplished a big success, and that I had significantly broadened my horizons.

他很高興,覺得我現在非常成功,又顯著地拓寬了自己的視野。

He went on talk in honor of me, voice trembling with pride; she was beside him, excited all the same.

然後,他用十分自豪的語氣誇獎我從小大到的榮耀,她也在他身邊跟他一起高興著。

They did not mention anything about the family change and their suffering.

他們從來不提及任何關於家庭的變化和他們的困難。

I had not heard about his being bit by a snake until she told me her grievance.

如果她不告訴我,我還不知道他被蛇咬傷了。

「He treated me bad again. He could not get out of bed by himself, but he wanted to be strong, and so he fell.

「你知道嗎,他對我可壞了。他不能從床上下來,還非要逞強,就跌倒了。

I was trying to pull him up on his feet, and I just told a few words of complaints when he got out of bed, yelling that I was clumsy.」

我只是想去扶他,就說了幾句,他就開始罵我,對我大喊大叫。」

「No, no, no, she was not telling the truth.」

「不,不,不是,事實不是這樣的。」

He was eager to tell me that she was really silly, that she did not know how to change the intravenous drip bottle.

他急切地想告訴我:「她真的很傻,也不知道拿著點滴瓶。」

Then they started it over again quarreling.

話音剛落,他們又開始鬥嘴了。

And this time I was listening to them in good patience, holding the telephone receiver.

這一次,我就拿著聽筒,很耐心地聽他們爭吵。

Water was roaring in the sea out the window, waves climbing up and falling down, just like what I was feeling at the bottom of my heart.

看著窗戶外面,海水在大海里翻滾,海浪連綿起伏,就像我此刻心底最深處的感受一樣。

He suddenly realized that they should stop.

他突然意識到,他們應該停止。

He said that it was a long-distance call.

他說,這是一個長途電話。

She immediately stopped arguing.

她立即停止了爭吵。

「Why didn』t you remind me earlier? How much money have we wasted her?」

「你為什麼不早一點提醒我?多少錢,我們浪費了她多少錢?」

She hangs up before I had a chance to talk.

其實她掛斷電話之前,我就很想說。

I know they would have a good fight again.

我知道他們又將開始另一個鬥爭了。

They are my father and mother. He is 66, and she is 64.

他們是我的父親和母親。他66歲,她64歲。

喜歡這篇文章嗎?立刻分享出去讓更多人知道吧!

本站內容充實豐富,博大精深,小編精選每日熱門資訊,隨時更新,點擊「搶先收到最新資訊」瀏覽吧!

TAG: |

您可能感興趣

雙語美文:寧靜的真諦
【雙語美文】黎明的眼睛
雙語美文朗讀 哥本哈根之戀
雙語美文:最珍貴的禮物 無條件的愛
雙語美文,一首流傳很廣的小詩
中英雙語朗讀版
新概念一生必讀的英語經典美文:我們在旅途中(雙語)
不一樣的美文,一樣的精彩(雙語版)
準時是種美德 雙語閱讀
雙語美文:人生的悖論
保持青春常在的秘訣,這句話傳遍了全世界(雙語英語學習)
雙語美文 | 旅行的意義
【雙語百科】在最美春天的古詩詞里,感受詩譯的魅力
雙語美文,一定會有什麼
雙語美文:這才是應對欺凌的正確方法
雙語美文,時間的價值
有聲雙語閱讀 蒸汽的秘密
有聲雙語閱讀 雙城記
雙語詩歌:姜夔《惜紅衣》
小豬佩奇去划船 中英雙語朗讀版